OSRS Recipe for Disaster – Freeing the Lumbridge Guide is one of the most experience rewarding quests in the game. But the downside is that it is composed of 10 little subquests that you need to complete to get it. Today I’m going to show you the quest guide for one of those subquests that you need to complete.
The OSRS RFD (aka Recipe for Disaster) Freeing the Lumbridge Guide isn’t very easy or fun to do subquest but don’t worry, this guide will make it less painful. To free the Lumbridge Guide you need to make a cake of guidance. The only one that can help you is the Wizard Traiborn who will teach you how to make the cake of guidance.
Skills and Quest Requirements
For the OSRS RFD Freeing the Lumbridge Guide, you need to have 40 Cooking. The quest requirements are Big Chompy Bird Hunting, Biohazard quest, Demon Slayer, Murder Mystery, Nature Spirit, and Witch’s House quest.
Items Needed To Complete OSRS Recipe for Disaster – Freeing the Lumbridge Guide
All of the necessary items for this quest can be bought from the Culinaromancer’s Chest.
- Pot of flour
- Bucket of milk
- 1 Egg
- Cake tin
- Necklace of passage
Freeing the Lumbridge Guide
To start this OSRS Recipe for Disaster – Freeing the Lumbridge Guide quest, head to the Lumbridge Castle dining room and inspect the frozen Lumbridge Guide. Then Gypsy will pop on and tell you that to help the Lumbridge guide you have to give him a cake of guidance.
He will also tell you to go and speak with Traiborn in the Wizards Tower to help you make a cake of guidance. Use your Necklace of passage and teleport to the Wizards Tower, you will find him in his room, on the second floor in the northeastern room.
Talk to Traiborn and he will tell you that you need to enchant three ingredients with your own knowledge in order to make the cake. Then he will ask you to bring him the basic ingredients: egg, milk, flour and he will help you enchant them.
Talk to the wizard again to enchant one of the items, what you need to do is to answer some questions. But the questions are in a random order for everyone, so I’m going to list all of the possible answers that you can get. Basically, you will need to identify each hatched person or an NPC that you’ve seen. Then you will be asked who it is, and you must answer correctly three times to get the egg.
- Man with ponytail and book – Reldo
- Ghostly green woman – Velorina
- Man with desert robes and white beard – Ali Morrisane
- Elf with white hair and green clothing – Islwyn
- Man with purple shirt – Unferth
- Man with brown vest – Professor Gronigen
- Woman with bonnet and pink top – Gertrude
- Woman (green witch) – Hetty
- Man (hooded) – Pirate Pete
- Man with a crown – King Lathas
The Bucket of Milk
Talk to Traiborn to enchant your milk, but this time be careful to not skip any of the questions he asks you. Because this is like a quiz and you will be asked a general question about RuneScape. You must answer three times correctly to get your milk enchanted and move on to the next item.
This is the list with all the possible answers:
- Combat level of Goblins near Lumbridge – 2
- Defence requirements to wear a Mystic hat – 20
- Glass vial is to 33 as a glass orb is to – 46
- Gold ring is to 5 as a holy symbol is to – 16
- Guild closest to Fishing Platform – Legends’
- How much GP does it take to bribe a guard at the toll gate to Al Kharid prior to earning their trust? – 10
- I can hear howling in one direction and buzzing in the other—where am I? – Catherby
- If I’m going to need glass, first I will need – Sand, bucket, soda ash, glassblowing pipe
- I’m in a bar west of Pollnivneach. Where am I? – Bandit Camp
- Take the number of fire runes required to cast Fire Strike, and multiply by the number of air runes used to cast Wind Strike before adding the number of earth runes used to cast Earth Wave. What do you get? – 10
- The River Salve runs from – North to south
- What doesn’t lie between Morytania and Asgarnia? – Keep Le Faye
- What Ingredients are used in a cake? – Flour, eggs, milk
- Which tower is closest to the Crafting Guild – Dark Wizards’ Tower
- What is the defence level requirement to wear a Mystic Hat? – 20
- What is the nearest guild to the Fishing Platform (as the seagull files)? – Legends
Talk to him again to begin the third enchantment, but this time you have to pass a memory test. You will be shown 3 groups of ten items out of a total of 5 groups, then must answer a question about them. Answer three correctly to get enchanted flour. When answering the questions, don’t use the ESC key to close the interface as it will reset that portion of the test.
- Which item began with the letter ‘m’? – Mind Talisman
- Which of the following items were NOT shown to you? – Trout
- How many weapons were you shown? – Three (Maple Longbow, Magic Shortbow, and Black Longsword)
- How many types of rune were there? – Two (Fire Rune and Chaos Rune)
- Which items were amongst those you were shown? – Book of balance (noted as Guthix Prayer Book,) Magic Logs, Pike
After you have completed all three games of memory Traiborn will give you all the items back and they will be enchanted. Use any ingredient on the cake tin to automatically prepare the cake for baking. Cook the tin on the range in Lumbridge castle to create the cake, and give it to the frozen guide.
- 1 Quest point
- 2,500 Cooking experience
- 2,500 Magic experience
- Further access to the Culinaromancer’s Chest